Picture

Picture
Chestnut Hill Reservoir, Boston MA

10 May 2011

New Life

With wonder and amazement, I've been keeping an eye on the robins nesting in the shrubs just outside one of my windows. About two weeks ago, I first noticed three blue eggs nestled in their twiggy cradle. This afternoon, my arrival home from school coincided with the robin's return home from foraging, and as I silently watched, two of the chicks feebly raised their weak necks, squinting with delicate eyes, toward a lightly chewed worm dangled towards their well-defined beaks. As they haphazardly gulped their snack, I was struck by the fragile loveliness of this hidden spectacle. Signs such as these from the realms of flora and fauna have always fascinated and humbled me during spring, and this year is no different, again urging me to do my part to welcome and support refreshment and renewal in body, mind, and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment