Picture

Picture
Chestnut Hill Reservoir, Boston MA

26 July 2011

Branching Out


Rehm Library
College of the Holy Cross
Worcester MA

I've been spending lots of time with my laptop lately, doing research and writing for a grant-writing project at Holy Cross. In seeking some music to keep me company during long hours in this lovely library, I've discovered some wonderful folk artists whose artful compositions and finely crafted lyrics have filled me with unexpected inspiration and admiration. Today, the song "Head Full of Doubt" by the Avett Brothers caught my attention– I listened to it several times– with its rich musical texture, several stark phrases (let alone the opening refrain), and some questions it poses to me about dreams, authenticity, and happiness. Feel free to look it up, have a listen, and let me know what you think.

Also, I'm trying out something new for the style of this blog; the large picture between the blog title and the most recent post will reflect the image I have on my desktop. As always, your comments are most welcome!

2 comments:

  1. Chris! Interesting questions you present but unfortunately for some reason I can't open the link to that song.. what is the tittle of it? Perhaps I could just search it. I hope you're well and forgive me for not answering to your e-mail yet! I certainly have not forgotten of course!

    In fact over this weekend (and a bit of this week)I was with the Solorios (Martha, Ana, and fam) here in Mexico so I didn't have internet access... but more of that later :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new header photo. The library looks like a place I where wouldn't mind spending some time. :)

    ReplyDelete