Picture

Picture
Chestnut Hill Reservoir, Boston MA

30 December 2011

The Next Volume



By sheer coincidence, I’m approaching the last page in my journal in the last days of 2011. Whether looking back over the course of this year, as I’ll do in the next three posts, or flipping to my journal's first page (which describes an unseasonably warm afternoon in April 2010, a wonderful surprise meeting with a former student while strolling the Holy Cross campus, and a subtle case of nerves building in the days before my first Boston Marathon), I’m impressed by the variety of experiences, memories, and lessons chronicled in a given volume of text and time. I feel doubly blessed as I anticipate opening two fresh covers, inking two fresh pages, and continuing one delightful life journey this coming Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Chris! You're absolutely precious! :)
    I am glad to inform you something came in the mail today and it just pretty much brightened this last day of 2011! You're such a jewel!

    Many prayers and love,
    Sofia

    ReplyDelete