Picture

Picture
Chestnut Hill Reservoir, Boston MA

02 January 2012

Professional Reading

The first additions to my office bookshelf.
For the first time since graduate school, where my diligent attention to extensive reading assignments in philosophy and theology inspired serious devotion to a healthy pursuit of pleasure reading that continues to this day, I'm reading some books directly related to projects at work. It feels odd to once again underline key phrases and scribble marginal notes with a pencil that constantly needs sharpening; after all, I haven't been a student since May 2009, and it seems that I won't return to that side of the classroom until August 2013. Yet I have found some fulfillment in this round of "professional reading," and look forward to participating in some vibrant discussions on leadership, socialization, innovation, and other themes being examined by some of the professors and administrators with whom I work at Holy Cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment